- We are weak, He is so powerful He calmed the wind and the waves.
- We are sickly, He healed us.
- We are harsh and judging, He is forgiving and kind.
- We are selfish, He was a selfless servant all the way to the cross.
- We are impatient, He can wait thousands of years to return as King.
Yes, we are made in God’s image, but it is a bit like a new baby. The baby is genetically entirely a composite of its parents. But does the baby resemble its adult parents? We all think it is cute to say who the child looks like, but in reality, the baby is physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, very different than its parents.
So to truly understand the Bible better, we must become more and more like God…and to truly understand God better we must study the Bible. It is circular logic, and that is what is so great about it. It will never end. We are starting on an amazing journey.
Now if you are like me, I feel like I must change so much that is is hopeless. Yet changing that much is exactly what God wants to do with us and within us. In the next post I’ll share a story about how God can use the Bible to change us.
How can this happen?
How has God changed you?
Can God ever change me enough?
Beginner’s Online Bible Study *obbs*